Support WebP – WordPress plugin
This plugin will help you to upload webp format image in WordPress media library regardless of the theme. That is, it works with every theme.
See plugin’s GitHub repo Support Webp
- Ability to use webp image
- Supports all theme
- Devoid of any bloatware; it’s programmed in PHP to reduce overhead and has negligible impact on your website’s loading time.
- Free and continuous updates for compatibility and new features are always on the horizon
This plugin does not collect, log, sell or trade any kind of information about your website. You can easily verify that this plugin is not phoning home using a network traffic inspector like WireShark.
ABOUT THE MAKER
I am Sayedul Sayem, a Bangladeshi full-stack WordPress developer and free and open source enthusiast. You can contact me at my LinkedIn for consultation or just to say hello. I love talking to new people. So don’t hesitate.
- Upload the plugin folder after extracting it to the “/wp-content/plugins/support-webp” directory. Alternately, install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Now go to media from WordPress dashboard and you can upload webp images.
For a more detailed explanation, check out the following documentation.
Will this plugin automatically work after activation?
Yes. You don’t need to do anything else other than activating the plugin.
WebP is growing in popularity so I am always in the lookout to use modern standard and formats. I was disheartened to see that there’s no way to add webp in my WordPress, unless i cam across this plugin.
This works exactly as advertised, it’s seamless and hassle free, there’s no overhead. Pleasantly surprised to discover such a nifty plugin, I hope this gets continuous development.
Best and helpful plugin, i searching this plugin
Most important plugin
Such a plugin was needed in WordPress. Thanks developer.
“Support WebP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Add: Legacy support for lower version of php.
- Tweak: Optimize code quality for better performace.