Awesome Support is the most versatile and feature-rich support plugin for WordPress. It is the only helpdesk & support ticketing plugin that can match the feature set of an SAAS solution such as Zendesk or Helpscout.
And your customers can be using it in just 5 mins! After installing and activating the plugin, just answer a few questions in the startup wizard and your helpdesk will be ready for your customers.
Take a product tour in the video below where you can see the extensive list of free and premium features that will be available on your new helpdesk! You can also go hands-on with the Live Demo or scroll down to the bottom of this page for screen shots.
For premium one-on-one support or pre-sales questions please visit the official site.
What does it do?
Check out the user-friendly features of this awesome plugin:
- Ticketing: users can submit tickets from the front-end, and your agents respond to them from the WordPress back-end
- Import: Import tickets from Zendesk, Helpscout and Ticksy using our free importer add-on – makes for a seamless transition to your new helpdesk
- E-mail notifications: relevant parties are notified of certain actions by e-mail, and all e-mails are customizable. Choose from a selection of six email notifications (new ticket, reply to agent, reply to client etc.)
- Restricted access: all correspondence is private between the client and the agents (unless the PUBLIC TICKETS premium add-on is installed and configured)
- File upload: you control when files can be uploaded, how many files, and how large they are
- Multiple products: provide support for as many products as you want; synchronize product lists with popular e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)
- Multiple departments: provide support for multiple departments
- Custom fields: easily set up additional custom fields on your ticket forms (and our premium Custom Fields add-on offers even more convenience). Choose from 13 field types, control where they show up (front-end, back-end, ticket list, ticket form etc.) and decide who can view them.
- Terms & conditions: ask users to agree to your your terms and conditions before they open a ticket
- Old tickets: identify old tickets quickly with tags; limit your viewable ticket list to only show old tickets with just a couple of clicks
- Tickets waiting on you: Quickly see all tickets still waiting for a reply – two clicks is all it takes to limit your ticket list to only those tickets!
- Agent Collaboration: multiple agents can work on the same ticket and tickets can be transferred between agents; assign primary, secondary and tertiary agents to tickets while retaining the flexibility to transfer a ticket to any other agent.
- Sorting And Filtering: includes an amazing flexible sorting, filtering and tagging system for your tickets
- Security: assign just the right capabilities to each of your agents including just the ability to see their own tickets or expand to see everyone’s tickets – your choice!
- Tracking: easily track where a ticket originated (support form, email, facebook, phone call etc.)
- Prioritize your way: create your own priority scheme – you don’t have to get locked into a 1-5 priority scheme!
- Time Tracking: basic time tracking is included! Admins can even adjust time and all time changes are logged directly in the ticket.
- Custom Labels: sign up for our email newsletter and get our Custom Status plugin for free – unlimited color coded, customized statuses and ticket labels at your fingertips! Combined with priorities and tags you have the ultimate system for categorizing and tracking your tickets!
- WordPress UI: Uses the familiar WordPress administration user interface so there is almost no learning curve! And, because we respect the WordPress UI standards you can use any 3rd party styling tool to create the look you want (see the screenshots section for examples)
- REST API: We love it when developers use our products. The REST API is very developer friendly – push and pull Awesome Support ticket data with ease!
- GDPR READY: Our registration screen can be easily configured to show GDPR related information
- GUTENBERG AWARE: Compatible with the new WordPress editor known as Gutenberg
- WOOCOMMERCE INTEGRATION: Includes integration into the WooCommerce dashboard along with a premium option for advanced integration
Awesome Support is the result of three+ years of work, research, and improvement. It is probably the most powerful helpdesk and support ticketing plugin on the planet. Whether you’re a startup that needs just the basics or a major corporation with multiple departments requiring service level agreements and sophisticated ticket routing, we have the functions you need! Seriously – just take a look at all the features you can get (some free, some premium)
View the full list of features on our website
- Unlimited Tickets (Free)
- Unlimited Agents (Free)
- Unlimited Users (Free)
- Unlimited Products (Free)
- Unlimited Departments (Free)
- Unlimited Tags (Free)
- Unlimited Custom Priorities With Color-coding (Free)
- Unlimited Channels (Free)
- Unlimited Custom Statuses/Labels With Color-coding (Free)
- Unlimited Custom Fields (Free)
- Private Tickets (Free)
- Agents can create tickets on behalf of users (Free)
- Agents can view only their tickets or all tickets (Free)
- Agents can receive e-mail notifications by email for ticket events such as new ticket, reply to ticket etc. (Free)
- Users can receive e-mail notifications by email for ticket events such as new ticket, reply to ticket etc. (Free)
- Agents can respond to tickets using email (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Users can respond to tickets using email (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Multiple agents can work on the same ticket (Free)
- Transfer tickets from one primary agent to another (Free)
- Internal notes on ticket (Premium: Private notes add-on)
- Users can open tickets by email (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Notify agents of ticket events via SLACK (Premium: Notifications add-on)
- Notify agents of ticket events via SMS (Premium: Notifications add-on)
- Notify third parties of ticket events via email (Premium: Notifications add-on)
- Create custom notifications for status based custom change events (Premium: Notifications add-on)
- Allow or deny users from reopening closed tickets by email (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Options for handling unrecognized email addresses including rejection of email or adding new accounts (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Retrieve new tickets from multiple inboxes (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Set rules to govern priority, status and default agent assignment based on which inbox a message was received in. Great for VIP clients, product promotions or multiple department ticket handling (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Set rules to govern email handling based on the content of emails or who the email is from. (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Create custom email commands that can be used via replying to email to close tickets, reassign to agents, escalate priorities etc. (Premium: E-mail Support add-on)
- Configure email templates for email notifications (Free)
- Automatic round-robin assignment of tickets to agents based on their current ticket load (Free)
- Assign tickets to agents based on departments and products (Premium: Smart Agent add-on)
- Assign tickets to agents based on working hours (Premium: Smart Agent)
- Five intelligent agent assignment algorithms (Premium: Smart Agent add-on)
- Automatically close old tickets (Premium: Automatic Ticket Close add-on)
- Send multiple warning messages before closing old tickets (Premium: Automatic Ticket Close add-on)
- Create multiple workflows for handling abandoned or old tickets based on status (Premium: Automatic Ticket Close add-on)
- Create one-click replies for common questions (Premium: Canned Response add-on)
- Create FAQs and assign them to one or more pages (Premium: FAQ add-on)
- Use FAQs to quickly reply to tickets (Premium: FAQ add-on)
- Create an FAQ from a ticket reply (Premium: FAQ add-on)
- Reply to a ticket and create an FAQ in on step (Premium: FAQ add-on)
- Use any custom post type as an FAQ to respond to tickets (Premium: Custom FAQ add-on)
- Secure vault to store sensitive credentials such as user ids and passwords (Premium: Private Credentials add-on)
- Delete sensitive data stored on the ticket when the ticket is closed (Premium: Private Credentials add-on)
- Quickly identify open tickets with sensitive data (Premium: Private Credentials add-on)
- Send out satisfaction surveys after a ticket is closed (Premium: Satisfaction Survey add-on)
- Configure every element of the satisfaction survey (Premium: Satisfaction Survey add-on)
- Set an admin-defined delay before sending surveys just in case the user needs to reopen the ticket (Premium: Satisfaction Survey add-on)
- Allow one-click option in emails to close and rate a ticket (Premium: Satisfaction Survey add-on)
- Integrate with WooCommerce (Premium: WooCommerce add-on)
- Integrate with Easy Digital Downloads (Premium: EDD add-on)
- Integrate with Envato (Premium: Envato Validation add-on)
- Define custom fields using a little bit of PHP code (Free)
- Define custom fields using a nice GUI (Premium: Custom Fields Add-on)
- Define 10+ custom field types (Free and Premium)
- Create simple and complex custom ticket forms with Gravity Forms (Premium: Gravity Forms add-on)
- Push data to Zapier and 100+ apps (Premium: Business Rules Engine)
- Create sophisticated ticket handling rules (Premium: Business Rules Engine)
- Make tickets public so users can search for solutions before submitting tickets (Premium: Public Tickets add-on)
- Allow attachments to tickets (Free)
- Control the number of attachments allowed per ticket (Free)
- Control the file types allowed for attachments (Free)
- Control the maximum filesize allowed for attachments (Free)
- Off-load attachments to the “cloud” (Premium: Filestack add-on)
- Drag-and-drop attachments to tickets (Premium: Filestack add-on)
- Lock tickets so that users cannot reopen them (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Merge tickets when users submit multiple tickets (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Split tickets when users submit multiple questions in the same ticket thread (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Set ticket limits to prevent users abusing your free support (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Allow agents to create multiple signatures and choose one for each reply (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- 8+ report widgets for your WordPress admin dashboard (Premium: Report Widgets add-on)
- Hundreds of custom reports (Premium: Reports and Statistics)
- Save custom reports (Premium: Reports and Statistics)
- Share custom reports with other agents (Premium: Reports and Statistics)
- Create support notes for each customer visible to agents on tickets (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Agents can create personal notes visible only to themselves and admins (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Agents can create todos visible only to themselves and admins (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Admins can create a shared hotlist of urgent tickets for all agents (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Agents can create favorite lists of tickets (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Agents can create and use multiple signatures (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Use one-click close links in client emails to make it easier to close tickets (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Set unlimited notification email addresses for clients and agents ((Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Set unlimited interested third parties for each ticket, any of whom can be notified (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Apply custom CSS on selected pages such as Registration, View Tickets etc. (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Add unlimited email addresses to a ticket, any of which can be notified of ticket events (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Track time on each ticket (Free)
- Automatically track time on each ticket and for each reply (Premium: Advanced Time Tracking add-on)
- Generate invoice reports for time tracking (Premium: Advanced Time Tracking add-on)
- Set and use multiple rates for each client, agent or ticket (Premium: Advanced Time Tracking add-on)
- Robust security integrated with WordPress Capabilities (Free)
- Customize the types of tickets your agents can view (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Custom labels for certain fields such as priority, departments etc. (Premium: Productivity Powerpack)
- Charge users for support tickets (Premium: Paid Support For WooCommerce)
- Allow users to set up paid subscriptions for support (Premium: Paid Support For WooCommerce)
- Allow admins to configure paid support products – one-off tickets, subscription by time or subscription by number of tickets (Premium: Paid Support For WooCommerce)
- Prevent users from opening a support ticket unless they have a paid account (Premium: Paid Support For WooCommerce)
- Provide beautiful documentation for your end users (Premium: Documentation)
- Use documentation topics to quickly reply to tickets (Premium: Documentation)
- Show users relevant documentation topics as they attempt to open a new ticket (Premium: Documentation)
- Create new documentation as you reply to tickets (Premium: Documentation)
- Install a HELP/TICKETS button on any number of remote sites that tie back to your master site (Premium: Remote Tickets)
- Automatically reply to messages sent by Facebook users via FB Messenger (Premium: Smart Replies)
- Automatically reply to new tickets with relevant documentation and FAQ links (Premium: Smart Replies)
- Install a chatbot on your site (Premium: Smart Replies)
- Automatically set due dates based on rules for each customer (Premium: Service Level Agreements)
- Easily manage multiple tickets related to the same issue (Premium: Issue Tracking)
- REST API (Free: Rest API)
- Synchronize your product list with WooCommerce (Free)
- Add a SUBMIT TICKET and MY TICKETS link directly in the WooCommerce dashboard (Free)
- Synchronize your product list with Easy Digital Downloads (Free)
- Verify user email address using Mailgun (Free)
- Use a 3rd party custom login page (Free)
- Use TeamViewer chat among your agents directly from inside your ticket pages (Free)
- Allow or deny user registration on the login page (Free)
- Translation ready (Free)
- Priority Support (Premium)
- Many more features – just check out our website for a listing of all 25+ add-ons!
Now that you’ve seen our list of awesome features above, you already know that Awesome Support is packed with features; so if you want to supercharge your support and make it even more awesome, make sure you pick up our premium add-ons so you can extend the plugin’s functionality even further! All of our add-ons are extremely affordable (they’re a fraction of the cost of a web-based application). To check them out, visit our official site at getawesomesupport.com.
- E-Mail Piping – reply to tickets and collaborate on tickets using just e-mail. Includes built-in options to control how to handle unrecognized email addresses, responses to closed tickets and much more!
- Custom Fields – a visual helper for adding custom fields to your tickets. Add unlimited fields and choose from 13 different field types!
- Paid Support – charge users for using your support services. Create subscriptions by time (monthly for example) or number of tickets (10 tickets per month for example) or bill for every individual ticket.
- WooCommerce – this is a must-have bridge between your WooCommerce store and Awesome Support
- Powerpack – Adds 30+ powerful additional functions to Awesome Support. Merge/split/lock tickets. Use new template tags in your outgoing emails. Add private notes for each customer. Create todos and hotlists at a global or agent level. Set default content for certain ticket fields. Change Label text. Add agent signatures. Use invisible Captcha. Add multiple email addresses for users, agents and even tickets. Create and save ticket filters. Fine tune your security and so much more!
- Canned Responses – preconfigure replies to common questions, and access them in one click when replying to a ticket
- Gravity Forms – create custom ticket forms with this very popular WordPress forms builder
- Private Notes – insert notes into tickets that only agents and admins can view
- FAQs – Powerful FAQ management make your agents more productive
- Notifications – get notified of important events in slack and via pushbullet. Notify third parties of important ticket events via email.
- Custom Status and Labels – create unlimited custom labels that give you new levels of organization for your tickets
- Advanced Reports and Statistics – create hundreds of custom charts and tables from a base of 6 core reports
- Admin Report Widgets – More than a dozen customizable widgets with key statistics on your WordPress dashboard!
- Advanced Time Tracking – Track and record time down to the reply level using automatic or manual timers. Export data for invoicing. View critical time and billing reports.
- Auto Close – Close tickets automatically based on defined rules. This is especially useful in managing abandoned tickets.
- Private Credentials – Adds another security layer to your tickets so that users can securely enter passwords and other sensitive credentials onto a ticket
- Satisfaction Survey – Conduct suveys to see how your agents are performing. Extremely customizable with multiple survey types and methods!
- Public Tickets – Use your tickets to create a searchable archive of solutions. Assign public/private control over tickets and replies to customers, agents or both and display public tickets in multiple layouts!
- Guest Tickets – Allow new users to enter their first ticket without the separate step of creating an account. Combine this with Email Support, Powerpack and Satisfaction Survey to create a solution where customers never have to log into your ticket system!
- Smart Agent Assignment – Have multiple agents with multiple departments and/or multiple products? Use this to automatically route new tickets to the correct agent using a choice of 5 sophisticated algorithms!
- Documentation – A powerful documentation add-on that integrates tightly with your Awesome Support ticketing system. Includes a beautiful default layout and automatically suggests relevant topcis as users fill out a new ticket!
- Remote Tickets – Adds a pop-up ticket form to one or more remote websites. Quickly and easily funnel tickets from all your websites to one core support site!
- Smart Replies – Automatically respond to messages received from Facebook Messenger, Custom Site Chat and New Tickets. Provides intelligent answers and integrates with Google’s DialogFlow (API.ai) and Google’s Natural Langugage API for even more powerful AI smarts!
- Service Level Agreements – Calculate ticket due dates automatically using rules set for each customer. This will take into account holidays, weekends, working hours and more.
- Issue Tracking – Easily manage multiple related tickets. Very useful for product recalls, bug tracking, system-down situations and more. Now, managing hundreds of support tickets related to the same problem is no problem for you at all!
- Custom FAQ – Use any WordPress custom post type as your FAQ source. Tightly integrates your selected CPT with Awesome Support and uses it to automatically offer topic suggestions to users as they fill out a new ticket form.
- Business Rules Engine With Zapier Integration – Powerful rules engine for your tickets. Automatically respond to tickets, change status, close tickets, send data to 3rd party systems via Zapier and more!
- Company Profiles – Allow multiple users from the same company to manage a single pool of tickets.
- Scheduled Tickets – Create recurring tickets on daily/weekly/monthly/annual schedules
- Agent Front End – Allow untrusted agents to manage their tickets without access to wp-admin. This highly restrictive access to tickets is perfect for vendors and other help-desk non-employee support collaborators.
Additional extensions such as EDD (integration with Easy Digital Downloads), Envato (Integration with code-canyon/envato) and Filestack (offloads attachments to the cloud) bring even more power to Awesome Support.
Purchase one of our bundles and get up to an 80% discount compared to purchasing individual add-ons.
- Startup Bundle – A 50% discount on the 5 most common add-ons for unlimited sites
- Standard Bundle – A discount of 20%-60% on the 8 most common add-ons (discount level depends on number of site licenses purchased)
- Professional Bundle – A discount of 45%-70% on the add-ons most useful for e-commerce sites (discount level depends on number of site licenses purchased)
- Enterprise Bundle – A discount of 50%-70% on the most common add-ons used in larger businesses.
- Agency Bundle – A discount of 55%-80% on a bundle of almost all our add-ons. You get an even bigger discount if you purchase this package without the option for technical support!
Awesome Support was built to be compatible with 99% of all existing themes, both free and commercial. It’s “plug & play” – all settings and templates are automatically switched on as soon as you click the “Activate” button, so you can get started with providing support straight away.
Awesome Support provides an optimized viewing experience for easy reading and navigation with minimal resizing, panning, and scrolling. Do your clients regularly submit tickets on the go? Awesome Support is responsive, so they’ll enjoy a seamless experience from the convenience of their mobile phone (provided the theme you use is also responsive).
Version 5 of Awesome Support was built with flexibility in mind; the code is clean, well-documented and full of hooks. You can easily customize Awesome Support to do almost anything you want or need.
Awesome Support is built with many reputable open-source projects including the Titan Framework to handle plugin options, FlexBox Grid for certain styling elements, BootStrap 4 for optional themes, Simple Hint for tool tips and a few others.
Awesome Support is available in a variety of languages and volunteers and customers are always adding more! Portions of the plugin have been translated into 20+ languages by our users and volunteers. These include German, Portuguese(BR), Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian, Persian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish and more!
Do you want to translate Awesome Support in your language? Head over to the POEditor.com Project! Alternatively you can translate Awesome Support right here on WordPress.org – Translate Awesome Support on WordPress.org .
Don’t see your language? Let us know which one you would like and we will add it for you!
Learn how to download and use translations from POEDITOR.com
Do you use WPML and POLYLANG?
We provide extensive instructions on how to configure WPML and POLYLANG when using Awesome Support.
Want to know what’s next for Awesome Support? Check out the roadmap. You can also vote for the ideas you like best!
Need to extend Awesome Support’s features? We have lots of add-ons to help you setup the perfect support site. Check out our add-ons page.
Even though the plugin has been developed and is maintained by the Awesome Support development team, we’ve had help from various developers around the world. You can see all the contributors on the team page. Many thanks to them all!
Our key core developers on the Awesome Support Development Team in 2018 include:
- Ante Laca
- Muhammad Tahir Nazir
- Nigel Bahadur
With contributions from customers such as:
- Rolly Bueno
- Naveen Giri
- Nathan Moinvaziri
Here is a list of users who voluntarily contributed the most translations to our POEDITOR project in 2017/2018:
- Miquel Martínez – Catalan
- Samer Haddad – Arabic
- Paul Hecko – Portuguese
- Thiago Rocon Kuwabara – Portuguese
- Denison Carlos – Portuguese (Brazil)
- Davey Hurkmans – Dutch
We had over 25 users contribute to the various language projects but these were the top 6 with the most translation activity. On behalf of all our users we would like to publicly offer a heart-felt Thank You for their hard work and contribution to the Free Awesome Support core project!
Related Companies Disclosure
Awesome Support now manages the newly released Simple-Press Forums Plugin as well.