WP Performance Score Booster – Optimize Speed, Enable Cache & Page Preload – WordPress plugin
WP Performance Score Booster makes website faster, speeds up page load time, and instantly improves website performance scores in services like GTmetrix, Pingdom, YSlow, and PageSpeed.
This plugin will…
- Remove any query strings from static resources like CSS & JS files
- Leverage browser caching (expires headers) for better cache control
- Preload a page (on mouse hover) right before a user click on a link
- Disable ETag and set Cache-Control headers
Follow the development of this plugin on GitHub
P.S. It is always the best policy to open a support thread first before posting any negative review.
• This plugin uses instant.page library for page preloading.
Just install from your WordPress “Plugins > Add New” screen and all will be well. Manual installation is very straightforward as well:
- Download the plugin (.zip file).
- Unzip it, and uplaod
wp-performance-score-boosterfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- That’s it!
What does this plugin do?
This plugin makes website faster, speed-up page load time and instantly improve website scores in services like GTmetrix, Pingdom, YSlow and PageSpeed.
Any specific requirements for this plugin to work?
- GZIP compression (
mod_deflatmodule ) should be enabled in your web-server. If not then you can ask your web hosting provider to enable it for you.
.htaccessin your WordPress root folder must have write permissions.
- GZIP compression (
What if I get 500 Internal Server Error?
If you get “500 – Internal Server Error” after you activate the plugin, Follow the steps below:
- Login to your FTP or open File Manager (ask your hosting provider).
- Go to the WordPress installation root directory and then
- Now move back to WordPress installation root directory and Rename the
.htaccessfile (to something like .htaccess.bak).
.htaccess.wppsbfile (copied from step 3) and rename it to
That’s it! Your site should be up and running now.
• You can still open a support thread if you have any issues.
This plugin improved the performance of my site, how do I thank you?
If this plugin has helped you in any way, you can:
– Donate: Donations help me to continue development and user support of this free awesome plugin for which I spend countless hours of my valuable time.
– Review: Review this plugin with a 5-star rating.
– Recommend: Recommend this plugin to others.
“WP Performance Score Booster – Optimize Speed, Enable Cache & Page Preload” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
2.0, November 02, 2020
- New: Redesigned settings page
- New: Instant.page preloader that preload a page (on mouse hover) right before a user click on a link
- Improve: htaccess rules for better GZIP compression and leverage browser caching (expires headers) for better cache control
- Improve: Disable ETag and set Cache-Control headers
188.8.131.52, December 19, 2018
- Fixed “Remove any query strings from static resources” conflict in admin
184.108.40.206, May 26, 2018
- Fixed jQuery conflict with Review Plugin notice.
- Fixed minor typo
1.9.2, May 11, 2018
- Fixed bug with Review Plugin notice.
- Review Plugin notice is now dismissible (permanently) when a user click the (X) on the top right.
- Improved user experience (by implementing jQuery – Ajax calls).
1.9.1, May 02, 2018
- Added Review Plugin – admin notice
- Improved Recommendations tab
1.9, November 28, 2017
- Completely rewritten
- Fixed few CSS bugs (admin settings)
- Removed Donate button
1.8, July 03, 2017
- Added a feature that auto-backup .htaccess file before appending any rules (for GZIP and browser caching)
- Improved uninstallation process
- Added a topic on 500 – Internal Server Error Fix into FAQ
1.7.2, March 21, 2017
- Improved Promos, News and Updates, and recommendations area.
1.7.1, February 10, 2017
- Improved recommendations area.
1.7, September 15, 2016
- Fixed css conflict with WP Super Minify.
- Improved deactivation and uninstallation hooks.
- Organised file structure (custom MVC Skeleton).
- Added hosting recommendations.
1.6, July 26, 2016
- Improved UI.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Minified CSS.
1.5, February 02, 2016
- Fixed conflict with Divi and Divi Builder.
- Moved Options / Settings under ‘Settings’ menu.
- Added ‘Settings’ option directly under plugins (installed plugins) page.
- Amended ‘News and Updates’ section.
1.4, February 28, 2015
- Added News and Updates section in admin options.
1.3.1, December 30, 2014
- Fixed issues with htaccess causing internal server error.
1.3, December 29, 2014
- Fixed issues with htaccess custom rules overrides.
- WP Performance Score Booster now adds rules to htaccess outside default WordPress block.
1.2.2, December 27, 2014
- Added support for language translations.
1.2.1, November 17, 2014
- Removed (temporarily) feature to enqueue scripts to footer.
1.2, November 17, 2014
- Added feature to enqueue scripts to footer.
- Added support for Vary: Accept-Encoding header.
- Fixed minor issues for remove query strings from static resources.
1.1.1, September 02, 2014
- Added feature (for urls with &ver) to remove query strings from static resources.
1.1, August 31, 2014
- Added Admin Options / Settings.
1.0, August 26, 2014
- Initial release.
- Born of WP Performance Score Booster.