- OMGF now returns a readable error if Auto Detect detects a misformatted fonts URL.
- ‘Optimize fonts for logged in users?’ should be on by default, cause it causes to much confusion.
- Fixed bug where Auto Detect would fail if no font styles were specified in the Google Font URL.
- Added ‘Downloaded’ indicator in ‘Generate Stylesheet’ tab.
- Added ‘Also optimize fonts for logged in users?’ option. This means that all users with editor
capabilities will (from now on) only view the optimizations when this option is checked, or when
they view the frontend of the website in a private/incognito browser session.
- Modified preload feature to comply with Mozilla’s regulations for the crossorigin attribute.
- Minor bug and usability fixes.
- Added error handling for API-calls.
- Auto Detect is now compatible with Newspaper theme.
- Use WordPress’ tabs system for navigation to comply with Plugin Conventions.
- Fixed bug which caused preload font styles to be saved incorrectly.
- Replaced separate apply buttons with one apply button, which handles the entire queue for removal as well as preload at once.
- Known bug: ‘Apply’ button isn’t clickable when sticky. Available workaround: scroll to the bottom of the list and click ‘Apply’.
- Introduced a queueing system for font-styles search, preload and remove for easier management. The ‘Apply’ buttons now process all your changes at once.
- The ‘Apply’ buttons are sticky, so they’re visible for long lists.
- Fixes in responsiveness of admin screen.
- Fixed links in Quick Start and Support block.
- Fonts are now automatically updated and font files and stylesheet are automatically moved after the ‘Serve fonts from…’ or ‘Save fonts to…’ options are changed.
- Added several reminder notices to improve UX and reduce the level of complexity.
- Notices/warnings/errors are now grouped.
- Added toggleable navigation menu. Made it a bit more UX friendly.
- Enhanced search and auto-detect: search results of one, are now appended to the result of the other. Also, duplicate search queries are now filtered, so they will not return duplicate subset results.
- Comma-separated search now works better (supports ‘,’ as well as ‘, ‘)
- Search results are now added to the old subsets results. Allowing for more flexible search.
- Fixed bug in Web Font Loader.
- Fixed bug where sometimes stylesheet would still be enqueued, even though the file didn’t exist.
- OMGF can now rewrite the URI from where fonts are served using the ‘Serve webfonts from…’ setting. This is particularly useful when using seurity through obscurity plugins (e.g. WP Hide.)
- Fixed bug where clicking ‘save changes’ would remove listed fonts and subsets.
- Gave some settings more accurate descriptions.
- [BUGFIX] Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters.
OMGF – CORONA EDITION
* Moved Welcome-panel to the side.
* wp_remote_get() is now used instead of cURL.
* Complete code overhaul to increase performance and UX.
* Notices and errors are now more explanatory and dismissable.
* Fixed several bugs.
* OMGF now uses wp_options table, instead of own tables.
* Old tables are removed and data is migrated.
* Auto detect now works better than ever.
* Search now works bug free.
* WordPress’ default admin fonts no longer show up as results.
Updated Welcome-panel with WoOSH!-services.
Preload can now be used for certain fonts only (also combined with Web Font Loader).
Filenames are now rewritten to be more informative and for easier debugging.
Added option to use relative URLs in the generated stylesheet.
Added experimental enqueue order option.
Fixed bug that would throw excessive notices if PHP logging is enabled.
fonts.css was loaded too late, so some minification plugins couldn’t capture it.
Throw clear error if any of the new tables don’t exist. To prevent confusion.
Forget to up static version after changes to Admin JS files.
Throw errors less aggressive.
Improved overall error handling for Auto Detect and downloading using cURL.
Auto-detect is now loaded before ‘Remove Google Fonts’ and both are loaded absolute last.
Improved UX for error message when Auto-detect doesn’t work properly.
Added long overdue migration script for options and tables. Code optimizations.
wp-block-editor style is now ignored when detecting stylesheets that depend on Google Fonts, when the remove function is enabled.
Added uninstall script.
Fixed bug where tables weren’t created upon installation. Moved logic to plugin activation, instead of ‘plugins_loaded’.
No new features or bugfixes. Just a re-arrangement of the support tab to be more in line with the new feature set.
Code clean-up in Generate-script. Improved error-handling.
Added error handling for when certain URLs return ‘undefined’ from Google Fonts API. Auto-detect now loads detected fonts immediately after settings page refresh. Code optimizations.
Added compatibility for (more efficient) chained requests to Google Fonts (separated by a pipe (|)) to the Auto-detect feature. Some themes (like Twenty Sixteen) use this feature.
Bugfix where Auto-detect would retrieve the fonts used by WordPress’ Administrator area, instead of the frontend.
Complete overhaul of code. Major performance upgrades. Added Auto-detect feature.
Fixed 400-error when re-downloading fonts. Added compatibility for Enfold-theme.
Fixed bug with include paths.
OMGF now retries downloading the fonts using fopen, if the cURL attempt failed. Code improvements.
Further improvements for downloading of analytics.js.
Tested with WP 5.3 and replaced
fopen() with cUrl to make OMGF compatible with servers that have
Added error handling to DownloadFonts-script.
Using Typekit’s Web Font Loader only uses 1 SQL query in the frontend now, regardless of how many fonts you use.
Added Typekit’s Web Font Loader to allow loading fonts asynchronously.
Fixed bug where a few strings couldn’t be translated. Improved responsiveness of settings-screen. Minor re-factor for better structure.
[Urgent] Errors in some translation strings.
Fixed ‘duplicate column’-error when WP_DEBUG was enabled. Fixed bug which broke preload. Preload is now automatically skipped if you have any CSS optimization plugins enabled.
Updated Multisite documentation.
Fixed bug where preload would cause issues.
‘Remove Google Fonts’-options now re-enqueues styles that were dependent on removed Fonts.
Small improvement to ‘Remove Google Fonts’-option.
Made all strings translatable.
Changed name to OMGF, because it’s hilarious?
New feature! OMGF can now remove fonts from fonts.googleapis.com or fonts.gstatic.com automatically.
Extended support for local source attribute.
Correct support for Legacy IE browsers (EOT).
Added ‘local’-attribute to stylesheet.
Load EOT-files first in stylesheet.
Minor code optimizations.
Cleared up instructions in Welcome Panel.
Added option to remove version parameter from stylesheet request.
Updated welcome panel.
Quick-fix for re-triggered SQL queries.
XSS hardening in stylesheet generation form.
Added CDN support.
Fluid progress bar now functions correctly and doesn’t make any unnecessary Ajax-requests.
Replaced all success-messages with notifications inside the buttons, to increase UX.
Minor usability updates.
Added support for subsets to increase compatibility with other writing.
Changed domains to new home: daan.dev
Added experimental option for preload resource hint.
Replaced download counter for progress-bar. Refactored logic for AJAX-requests for better
Optimized AJAX-requests for download-counter.
Added a clean-up button, which cleans the currently configured cache-dir.
Plugins admin-JS and -CSS is now updated by force after plugin update to prevent malfunction.
Added a download counter, clean queue-button and improved allround UX. Fixed a few minor bugs.
Fixed a bug where sometimes the fonts weren’t downloaded yet when the stylesheet was generated.
OMGF now remembers which fonts you use, to make it easier to edit your stylesheet.
Added option to change font-display strategy.
Added option to change cache directory.
Fixed bug with detecting wp-content directory.
Fixed Multisite Bug.
Revert accidental commit
Tested with WP 5+
Changed order of loaded fonts to improve compatibility in Firefox. [Reported by @lofesa]
When plugin is deactivated, enqueued styles and scripts are removed. Fixed bug where fontnames containing multiple spaces did not return any results. Added console log when no results are returned.
Finally added ‘Settings’-link to Plugins-page.
Further security measures to remove Path Traversal vulnerabilities.
Added security measures to prevent XSS.
Fixed bug where ‘remove’ would sometimes remove two rows.
Complete overhaul of the plugin. Fonts are now searched using the Google Fonts Helper API and
Fixed bug where the plugin would sometimes permanently change your uploads-directory to /local-fonts.
Changed to Github.
First release! No changes so far!