Why should I use this plugin?
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Flying Scripts’
- Activate Flying Scripts for WordPress from your Plugins page.
- Visit Settings -> Flying Scripts to configure
- What are the ideal scripts to be included?
Any script that is not crucial for rendering the first view or above fold contents. 3rd party scripts like tracking scripts, chat plugins, etc are ideal.
- What should I put in include keywords
Any keyword inside your inline script that uniquely identifies that script. For example “fbevents.js” for Facebook Pixel, “gtag” for Google Tag Manager, “customerchat.js” for Facebook Customer Chat plugin.
- How is it different from `defer`
defer tells browser to download the script when found and execute it when HTML parsing is complete. When you include a script in Flying Scripts, those scripts won’t be executed until there is a user interaction.
- What is user interaction?
Events from the user like mouse hover, scroll, keyboard input, touch in mobile device, etc.
- What is timeout?
Even if there is no user interaction, scripts will be executed after the specified timeout.
Thank you Gijo for the awesome plugin and for everyone this plugin is much have for speed optimization.
My site was taking an extra 1.5 seconds to load due to an external script. Using this amazing plugin the overall load time was reduced to 0.8 sec! Very helpful developer too!
This has been a MUST plugin for my WordPress speed optimization service along with other caching plugins, works perfectly without any troubles.
Currently all the scripts are delayed at the same timing, but It’d be great if I can set delay seconds per scripts in the future updates. 😉
Group A: Delay 1 sec (flying pages, and other small scripts)
Group B: Delay 2 sec (good for adsense)
Thanks for this Plugin! This helps me with one only one single script, But makes shitload of deference. Great as an addition solution to script loading.
As a freelancer, I always face problems with external scripts while optimizing WordPress sites, but this plugin is a lifesaver.
I tried this today with various scripts including Facebook chat and even Google Adsense & it works like a charm.
Thank you very much GIJO!
Another miracle from Gijo!
“Flying Scripts by WP Speed Matters” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- [BUGFIX] Support for W3 Total Cache
- [REMOVED] Unnecessary “scroll” event
- [UPDATE] Set
type='lazy'. Removed setting
- [BUGFIX] Remove event listeners after scripts are loaded
- [UPDATE] Updated copy, FAQ
- [BUGFIX] Exclude json and other script tags
- [NEW] Load scripts on user interaction
- [REMOVED] Load scripts after delay