The WPScan WordPress Security Scanner plugin scans your system on a daily basis to find security vulnerabilities listed in the WPScan Vulnerability Database. It shows an icon on the Admin Toolbar with the total number of security vulnerabilities found.
The WPScan Vulnerability Database is a WordPress vulnerability database, which includes WordPress core vulnerabilities, plugin vulnerabilities and theme vulnerabilities. The database is maintained by the WPScan Team, who are 100% focused on WordPress security.
What does the plugin do?
- Scans the WordPress core, plugins and themes for known security vulnerabilities;
- Shows an icon on the Admin Toolbar with the total number of security vulnerabilities found;
- Notifies you by mail when new security vulnerabilities are found.
wpscan.zipcontent to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Register for a free API token
- Save the API token to the WPScan settings page
How many API calls are made?
There is one API call for the WordPress version, one call for each installed plugin and one for each theme, daily.
Why is the “Summary” section and the “Check Now” button not showing?
The cron job did not run, which can be due to:
- The DISABLE_WP_CRON constant is set to true in the wp-config.php file, but no system cron has been set (crontab -e).
- A plugin’s caching pages is enabled (see https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/93570/wp-cron-doesnt-execute-when-time-elapses?answertab=active#tab-top).
- The blog is unable to make a loopback request, see the Tools->Site Health for details.
If the issue can not be solved with the above, putting define(‘ALTERNATE_WP_CRON’, true); in the wp-config.php
could help, however, will reduce the SEO of the blog.
It was easy to install and it keeps me informed about security issues. Would recommend!
This plugin really helped my company, easy to use and install. Highly recommended.
WPScan makes all the other security plugins I needed, obsolete! lightweight and regular updates, i expected to pay for but they are included! super easy to use! security in seconds!
I use it on my website, great plugin!
WPScan is a great plugin, easy to use and works very well! Fantastic team behind it!
Most underrated plugin. Should be 5-stars. 50 API free (daily) and people are complaining?
“WPScan – WordPress Security Scanner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Updated text and messages to reduce confusion
- Removed WPScan_JWT class as no longer required
- Use the new slug helper method on all items on the page
- Better slug detection before calling the API
- Prevent multiple tasks to run simultaneously
- Check Now Button disabled and Spinner icon displayed when a task is already running
- Results page automatically reloaded when Task is finished (checked every 10s)
- Use the /status API endpoint to determine if the Token is valid. As a result, a call is no longer consumed when setting/changing the API token.
- Trim and remove potential leading ‘v’ in versions when comparing then with the fixed_in values.
- Add notice about paid licenses
- Warn if API Limit was hit