Log cleaner for iThemes Security – WordPress plugin
In early 2018, iThemes removed the ability to manually delete the database logs (see this thread). This plugin gives you that control back.
Log cleaner for iThemes Security Support at the official WordPress repository.
How to use
- Go to Tools -> ITSec Log Cleaner
- Select which logs to delete (or select ‘All’)
- Hit the Clear logs button
- Get on with the rest of your day (optional)
Note: This plugin comes with no warranty of any kind.
Deactivate the plugin, delete if desired.
always a little unnerving working with dB tables, but this worked perfectly. I’m not sure if it’s the default, but logs were being saved for 180 days creating a huge file. thank you for solving this!!!! Super fast
Thank you so much for making this. iThemes is one of the most arrogant companies out there – removing the Clear Logs button and then ignoring all the WP developer feedback about it is just a regular Tuesday for them. A plugin developer shouldn’t decide how a WP developer manages their site. Their logic that “you shouldn’t be deleting logs and there’s never a valid reason to delete logs and so therefore we’re going to take that ability away from you” is utter nonsense, driven by hubris.
thank you for making this
Solved my problem in seconds, thank you!
Does what it says on the tin. Site speed improved a bit too.
saved me 🙂
One log have had near a GB of data… crazy.
“Log cleaner for iThemes Security” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Removed handling of deprecated itsec_log table.
- Changed text domain to match plugin slug.
- Added option to clear the itsec_distributed_storage table.
- Removed source map reference that was causing 404 errors to be logged in iThemes Security.
- Fixed ‘table x doesn’t exist’ error.
- Removed check for iThemes plugin activation.
- Minor presentation tweaks.
- Minor, non-important UI tweak.
- Corrected older reference to ITSec Log Cleaner location.
- Fixed CSS cache issue.
- Spanish translation update.
- Hide the warning message when the logs are clear.
- Fixed minor responsive issue.
- Added support for deleting dashboard events (iThemes Security Pro).
- UI reduction.
- Sidebar promoting my other WordPress tools.
- Spanish translation (translation by @borrockalari – thanks!).
- Changed menu item label (suggested by @jetxpert – thanks!).
- Removed individual links to the logs, replaced with single link to log page.
- Language updates.
- Tested on WordPress 5.0.2.
- Prevent direct access to plugin file.