Defender adds the best in WordPress security to your website with just a few clicks. Stop brute force attacks, SQL injections, cross-site scripting XSS, and other WordPress vulnerabilities with Defender malware scans, firewall, and two-factor authentication login security.
No longer do you have to go through hideously complex settings and get a virtual PhD in security. Defender adds all the hardening and security tweaks you need.
Defender starts with a list of one-click hardening techniques that will instantly add layers of protection to your site.
Block hackers at every level:
- Two-factor authentication – passwords and mobile app verification codes
- Login masking – change the location of WordPress’s default login area
- Login lockout – failed login attempts lockout
- 404 Detection – automated block of bot IPs
- Geolocation IP lockout – block users based on location
- WordPress Security Firewall – block or whitelist IPs
- Disable trackbacks and pingbacks – spam prevention
- Core and server update recommendations – stay on top of your system
- Change default database prefix – they won’t find this
- Disable file editor – if they get in, they won’t get far
- Hide error reporting – don’t reveal your issues
- Update security keys – reset on-demand
- Prevent information disclosure – why tell them what you have
- Prevent PHP execution – because it’s daaaangerous
WordPress Security Scans
Run free malware scans that check WordPress for suspicious code. The Defender scan tool compares your WordPress install with the directory, reports changes and lets you restore the original file with a click.
Google 2-step Verification
Now you can easily join the millions of users that make their accounts safer with Google 2-Step Verification. Activate two-factor authentication and protect your account with both your password and your phone.
Firewall and IP Manager
Keep your site safe with Defender’s IP manager. Manually block specific IPs, import a list of banned IPs and set automated timed and permanent lockouts. Defender makes it easy to block and unblock specific locations quickly.
Brute force attacks are no match for Defender. Limit login attempts to stop users trying to guess passwords. Permanently ban IPs or trigger a timed lockout after a set number of failed login attempts.
Login Screen Masking
Defender makes it easy to move your login screen to a custom URL. Not only does login screen masking improve security, but it also lets you white label your login user experience and improves branding.
Defender detects when bots are being used to scan your site for vulnerabilities and shuts them down. The 404 limiter lets you stop the scan by detecting when a bot keeps visiting pages that do not exist, which can also save you from a giant strain on your site’s performance.
Notifications and Reports
Defender runs surveillance and sends notifications with information that matters.
What Do People Say About Defender?
“I found other pro security plugins a bit too fiddly for my taste…I’m delighted with Defender” – KeithADV
“Thank you for bringing back a free and easy to use 2-Factor Authentication after Clef! Defender helps keep me aware of my sites security.” – awijasa
“Defender’s interface is very intuitive with warnings that are very helpful” – djohns
“Defender Recently blocked over 3000 attacks in one week without any noticeable impact on the website. WPMUDEV knocking it out of the park on this one.” – David Oswald
Secure Websites, More Trust, Better Profit
Your visitors expect a super-safe extra secure website when deciding whether or not to make a purchase or submit information. If visitors don’t trust your site, they will leave without completing a transaction.
If you’re running a business website or eCommerce store privacy, security, uptime and trust are essential.
Defender is here to help you: it’s a one of a kind WordPress security plugin that makes web security easy for anyone, for free!
- Google 2-Step Verification
- One-click site hardening and security tweaking
- WordPress core file scanning and repair
- Login Screen Masking
- IP Blacklist manager and logging
- Unlimited file scans
- Timed Lockout brute force attack shield for login protection
- 404 limiter for blocking vulnerability scans
- IP lockout notifications and reports
Defender is built to make security simple: it makes your WordPress site harder to hack and it’s insanely easy to set up. Run a scan and implement recommended changes in one-click, for added security in mere minutes.
All the above is free and will secure WordPress for you. If you need extra security for your WordPress site, you should get WPMU DEV Membership.
Our Membership gives you access to Defender Pro – which features automated scanning, scheduled malware scans for Core, themes, plugins and other files, audit logs, Blacklist monitoring – alongside Snapshot Pro cloud backups, the Hub with automated plugin, theme and core updates and safe-upgrade scans, all our premium WordPress plugins, 24/7 WordPress support and if your sites already been hacked our team of security experts will clean it up at no additional cost.
A Note From Defender
Hey! This is Defender, your trusted solution for WordPress security and hack prevention. I’m part of the WPMU DEV team, a superhero-suite of WordPress plugins, services, and support. Here are some of our other free plugins:
- Smush – Image Compression and Optimization
- Forminator – Form, Quiz, Poll and Survey Builder
- Hummingbird – Page Speed Optimization
- Hustle – Pop-ups, Slide-ins and Email Opt-ins
- SmartCrawl – SEO checker, Analyzer and Optimizer
And if you need ALL our Pro plugins AND 24/7 WordPress support, get WPMU DEV membership! You can try it free for 30 days: premium.wpmudev.org
My superhero friends run the WPMU DEV Blog, your source for the very best WordPress tutorials. If you need to be in the know about WordPress, check it out.
Thanks for looking at Defender, and I look forward to hardening your site and making it safer than ever.
Enjoy, The Defender
WPMU DEV is a premium supplier of quality WordPress plugins and themes. For premium support with any WordPress related issues you can join us here:
Don’t forget to stay up to date on everything WordPress from the Internet’s number one resource:
[WPMU DEV Blog(https://premium.wpmudev.org/?utm_source=wordpress.org&utm_medium=readme&utm_campaign=defender-readme&utm_content=wpmu_dev_blog_link)
Hey, one more thing… we hope you enjoy our free offerings as much as we’ve loved making them for you!