Hooray! WordPress 5.4 “Adderley” is here! But OMGWTFBBQ!? Everything is now broken?
Before you go any further, make sure you’ve updated your plugins and themes to the latest versions, clear your browser’s cache and cookies and re-log in to your WordPress dashboard.
The New Editor can be disabled!
If you’re in a pinch and need the editor rolled back ASAP, please install the classic editor – wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor – which will restore the old editor.
Still having problems? Okay, read on!
This thread contains the known issues with plugins and themes found in the latest release. Please read this WHOLE topic and come back and check again later, as it will be updated.
Remember to be calm, be patient, and be respectful. Volunteers are out here to try and help you, but we need your help too. All of the normal forum rules still apply. Remember, you are just as important as everyone else.
If your post doesn’t show up right away, please be patient. With the higher than normal post volume, more posts get flagged as spam by our auto-spam tool. We’re working hard to keep the queue clear, but making multiple posts slows us down, as we have to go back and check if you already posted. Post once.
- Do use proper capitalization in post titles and body. Punctuate your sentence properly and humanely, it helps us read.
- Do use descriptive subject lines. “All permalinks broken since 5.0” is much better than “Augh! Help ASAP! This version is terrible!”
- Do describe the problem clearly. Explain what you’re seeing, include error messages and link to screenshots if needed. Linking to your site, if the problem is on the front-end, also helps.
- Do be patient. We know it sucks to be down, but posting multiple times doesn’t get you help any faster.
- Do make your own topic unless you are using the exact same version of WordPress on the same physical server hosted by the same hosts with the same plugins, theme and configurations as the original poster. You may find it weird, but it will be easier for us to help you specifically if you have your own topic.
- Do mark your topic as resolved when it’s fixed so we know not to come looking there anymore.
- Do remember you’re not alone.
Also keep in mind that not liking the direction of WordPress’s design is not a bug. If you don’t like a feature, please don’t make a series of posts complaining about it. Look and see if someone already did, and post there, or consider joining the process earlier on (like in Beta or even test via SVN). What you’re seeing today is the result of thousands of hours of work and testing, and unless something is outright broken, it’s highly unlikely to be changed.
Again, before you post:
Make sure you’ve read this entire thread and New Features in 5.4 Article.
Go to your own install’s about page –
example.com/wp-admin/about.php (or click the WordPress logo in the top corner) – to see what’s new.