The most advanced WordPress forms plugin. Go beyond contact forms with our drag & drop form builder for surveys, quiz forms, and more.
The Most Powerful WordPress form builder plugin on the market
We built Formidable Forms to offer the “first-ever” solutions-focused WordPress form plugin on the market. You can use our drag & drop WordPress form builder plugin to create a contact form, survey, quiz, registration form, payment form, purchase, email marketing, or calculator form, and just about anything else you can imagine.
At Formidable, creating the most extendable form builder plugin is our #1 priority, so you save time when building even the most advanced forms. Unlike other WordPress form maker plugins that focus solely on building a contact form, we believe in allowing our users to push the limits and create complex forms quickly!
Before we take a deep-dive into the features of the powerful Formidable form builder plugin, you should know that Formidable is 100% mobile responsive so your WordPress forms will always look great on all devices (desktop, laptop, tablets, and smartphones).
On top of that, we have optimized Formidable for speed and maximum server performance. Whether you use Formidable to build a basic contact form on your own site or an advanced form for your client, you can confidently say that it’s one of the FASTEST WordPress form builders on the market.
Formidable Forms Pro
This form builder plugin is the lite version of Formidable Forms that comes with all the features you will ever need. Our premium features include options for you to create an advanced email subscription form, multi-page form, file upload form, or a smart form with conditional logic. You get repeater fields, payment integrations, form templates, form relationships, cascading dropdown fields, calculated fields, front-end form editing, and powerful Formidable Views to display data in web applications, and far more than just a contact form. Click here to purchase the most advanced premium WordPress form builder plugin now!
You can start with our pre-built templates or create totally custom forms from scratch all with an easy-to-use drag & drop form builder interface.
Let’s take a look at all the powerful features that you get with Formidable for making an amazing lead form, survey, poll, subscription form, request a quote form, donation form, registration form, or payment order form.
Drag & Drop Form Maker and Advanced Form Builder
The Formidable drag & drop form builder allows you to quickly build unlimited surveys, quizzes, registration forms, and just about any other type of form that you want.
Our form builder comes with all the powerful form fields that you need to create a solution-focused form, fast!
- Single line text (for names, phone numbers, addresses, and more)
- Paragraph text
- Radio buttons
- Dropdown select boxes
- Phone number
- Hidden fields
- User ID
- HTML block (for Custom HTML)
- Google ReCAPTCHA – Great for preventing spam.
Here is a list of our advanced premium fields:
- File Upload
- Rich Text
- Star Rating – Great for surveys and polls.
- Dynamic – Great for creating relationships between entries.
- Lookup – Great for cascading lookups like country, city, state.
- Repeater – Great for registering multiple kids, job history in an application, and much more.
- Section Heading
- Page Break
- Embed Form – Great for reusing the same set of fields in multiple places.
- Password Field – Great for user registration forms.
- Address Field
- Summary – Great to review responses before submit.
- Signature – Great for contracts and booking.
- Quiz Score
Additionally, our Payment fields will help you create an order form, donation form, booking form, or other payment form:
- Single Item
- Multiple Items
- Checkbox Items
- Dropdown Items
- Product Quantity
- Total (Price Calculation Field)
- Credit Card (Stripe Form or Authorize.net Form)
Complete Entry Management for Forms and Surveys
Formidable allows you to view all your form and survey entries right from your WordPress dashboard.
Once a user submits a form, their response is automatically stored in your WordPress database.
Formidable is a 100% GDPR-friendly form generator. You can turn off IP tracking or stop saving submissions entirely. Alternatively, you can add a GDPR checkbox field to your lead forms and payment forms to collect consent.
Need to import your leads to another service like MailChimp? No problem. Export leads to a CSV, open it in Excel, and import anywhere.
You can also configure unlimited email notifications and autoresponders triggered by form submissions.
On top of that, you can easily customize the success message the user sees after they submit the form, or redirect them to another page for your more advanced form needs.
The Only Form Maker Plugin with an Advanced Form Styler
With our built-in form styler, you can instantly customize the look and feel of your contact form. With just a few clicks, your email form can be transformed to match your website design.
By default, Formidable applies a single styling template to your WordPress forms. But if you want a custom form style for each individual registration form and sidebar form, you can upgrade to Formidable Forms Pro.
Build Smart Surveys with Beautiful Reports
Formidable comes with a built-in survey feature, so you can quickly create powerful surveys and see beautiful reports.
The best part is that you can do this all within Formidable without any third-party tools.
Quickly Create an Advanced WordPress Registration Form for Any Use Case
Whether you need to create a youth sports team, event, or church retreat registration, Formidable has got you covered. Unlike other form plugins, Formidable comes with a repeater field that allows you to create the most powerful registration forms.
Then, our marketing integrations and APIs can send the email form and other form data anywhere you want.
Accept Credit Cards and Easily Collect Payments
By now, you probably already realize the theme that Formidable is more than just a contact form plugin. You can use Formidable to create a payment form to accept credit card payments right from your website.
We offer seamless integration with PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net, so you can create an order form, donation form, or purchase form with our drag & drop form builder.
You can even use Formidable to create a WooCommerce form with custom fields (more on that later).
Grow Your Business with Marketing Integrations
We know that marketing is the key to grow your business. That’s why Formidable allows you to connect your WP form, payment form, calculator, or advanced form with the marketing platform of your choice.
We integrate with popular email marketing services like:
- Constant Contact
- Active Campaign
- Campaign Monitor
On top of these native integrations, we also integrate with Zapier, so you can quickly route your form data to over 2,000 more services with just a few clicks.
Make Data-Driven Web Applications with Formidable Views
Formidable Views are by far the most powerful feature that makes Formidable far more than just a contact form builder plugin. Views allow you to flexibly display any submitted form data on the front-end of your website.
Our customers use Formidable Views to create data-driven web applications like real estate listings, employment listings, event calendars, business or member directories, job boards, and other searchable databases.
As you can see, Formidable is not your average contact form plugin. It’s a true all-in-one WordPress form solution.
Increase Your Sales with WooCommerce Product Order Forms
Formidable is the only WordPress form builder plugin that offers extensive integration with WooCommerce orders.
Our goal is to empower you to build powerful WooCommerce product order forms, so you can increase your store sales.
You can use Formidable to add a WooCommerce product configurator with custom calculation fields. Then automatically send the order info to the WooCommerce cart with variable pricing options.
Need your customers to upload a file when they purchase a product? No problem. Simply drag & drop a file upload field into your linked up WooCommerce order form and you’re done.
You can even show submitted values in the WooCommerce purchase receipt emails as well as trigger SMS text messages or marketing integrations when an order is completed.
Make Powerful Quiz Forms & Calculators
In addition to a simple order form, you can also use Formidable to create a quiz or calculator.
More on quizzes later, but here are some example web calculators you can quickly add to your WordPress site:
… and our powerful calculated fields allow you to build just about any other type of calculator.
If that wasn’t enough, you can also use Formidable to create a quiz, poll, or survey on your WordPress site and display results. This is great for membership sites, LMS, or just for viral quizzes to grow your email list.
Our goal is to go beyond a simple contact form and allow you to create custom form-based solutions without any code 🙂
Create a WordPress User Registration Form, Profile Form, and More
If you run a WordPress membership site, then you need more advanced forms.
The Formidable Form builder allows you to customize your WordPress user registration form, so you can collect additional data when the user profile is created.
With our front-end editing, you can also build a custom profile form and allow users to keep their profile updated, or even progressively add to the profile from a set of forms, from the first contact form or lead form to the last payment form.
Our front-end form editing feature is unique to us, and you will not find any other WordPress form plugin offering such a solution with the level of extendability that we do.
Beautiful Graphs and Reports to Help You Analyze and Showcase Data
We believe that data alone does no good if you can’t analyze it. That’s why we make it easy for you to analyze your survey, quiz, price calculator, and other form data with beautiful graphs and reports.
You can even showcase form data on the front-end of your website by embedding graphs in your WordPress posts or pages.
All the Advanced Form Fields and Features You Need to Grow Your Business
Formidable goes far above and beyond basic contact forms to offer all the advanced form fields and features you need to grow your business.
This includes things like multi-page forms, save and continue, cascading form fields, powerful conditional logic, partial submissions, invisible spam protection, front-end user post submission, calculated fields, user-tracking, and so much more.
We’re on a mission to offer an all-in-one solution-focused WordPress form plugin, so you don’t have to install 5 plugins alongside your form maker to do everything you want.
Extend and Customize Your Forms – Developer’s Dream Come True
Formidable is the form plugin of choice for smart developers, freelancers, and agencies because it helps them build complex solutions and basic forms quickly and defy the limits imposed by time and knowledge.
Our goal is to help you build complex websites with low overhead. We believe big projects don’t always need big resources.
That’s why we made Formidable the most extendable WordPress form builder plugin on the market.
You can easily route your contact form data with our powerful API. Formidable Views allow you to display form data anywhere on the front-end, so you can quickly create data-driven web applications.
On top of that, our hooks and filters allow you to extend Formidable to meet your needs. We even include hundreds of code examples in our docs to give you the confidence to get started.
Full Formidable Feature List
Since Formidable is not your average WordPress form plugin, this feature list is going to be very long. Grab a cup of coffee and read through, or just install the most powerful WordPress form maker, your choice 🙂
- Online drag and drop form builder. Build everything from a contact form or email form to a price calculator or complex online form. Make awesome forms the easy way with a simple WordPress drag and drop form builder. No code required.
- Display form data with Views. Other WordPress form builder plugins only let you collect data. Formidable lets you format, filter, and display form submissions in custom Formidable Views on the front-end of your site. Views turn forms into solutions. Job boards, event calendars, business directories, ratings systems, and management solutions. If you can come up with it, most likely Formidable can handle it.
- Repeating field groups (repeaters). Allow your users to add sets of fields to a registration form, application, email, calculator, and contact form, and other advanced forms on the fly.
- Drag and drop multiple file upload forms. Easily upload documents, files, photos, and music, with any number of files in a job application form (resumes), WordPress User Profile Form (avatars), get a quote, or contact form.
- Multi-step forms with progress bars. Want to increase conversion rates and collect more leads with a smart contact form? Create beautiful paged forms with rootline and progress indicators. Add conditional logic to page breaks for a smart branching form.
- Cascading lookup fields. Change values in other form fields or drill down through options to reveal a final value. Designed for year/make/model fields in auto forms and country/state/city fields. You can even use lookup fields to get a price from a separate product form.
- Datepicker fields with advanced datepicker options including blackout dates, dynamic minimum and maximum dates, and inline calendars. Our datepickers are great for email forms, basic online booking, and event registration.
- Setup relationships with Dynamic fields. Populate form fields from other forms and link data between two forms without duplication. These relationships are helpful in a huge number of cases including linking employment applications to a job, a quiz to a class, an event registration to an event, and a sports registration to a team.
- Add password fields with a password strength meter in a WordPress user registration form, profile form, and change password form.
- Collect reviews with star ratings in feedback, recipe ratings, product review, event rating, and customer testimonial forms. Then display and share the ratings in Formidable Views.
- Confirmation fields. Double check email addresses or passwords and prevent typos from cannibalizing your leads.
- Conditional logic for smart forms. Show or hide fields based on user selections or user roles. Make complex forms simple and increase conversion rates.
- Send email notifications & autoresponders. Automatically let clients know you received their message. Then create customized email notifications for multiple recipients and get info from an email form to those who need it.
- Email routing: Conditionally send multiple autoresponder emails and notifications based on values in email forms, contact forms, registration forms, and payment forms.
- Pricing fields for easy eCommerce forms with automatic price calculations. Drop in a product field, quantity, and total and you’re good to go.
- Calculator forms. Create basic and complex calculations, and even combine text from multiple fields for a mortgage calculator, auto loan calculator, and many other calculators. Even a contact form can benefit from price calculations for easy quotes and price estimates.
- Visual style creator. Our form creator for email forms, calculator forms, and other web forms not only allows you to build contact forms, but also create branded forms that match your site. Change colors, borders, padding and much more without any code.
- Flexible form layout design. Build mobile responsive forms and advanced layouts with multiple fields in a row by using our CSS layout classes.
- Mobile-friendly, responsive forms. All of our forms are sized automatically for every screen size. Ensure that everyone can see and submit your surveys, calculators, and web forms from any device.
- User submitted front-end posts and pages. Create and edit WordPress posts, pages, and even custom post types from your front-end online forms. Send user-generated content quickly from a post creation form to a page.
- Simple entry management. Flexibly and powerfully display, edit, and delete form entries from anywhere on your site, and specify who has permission to do so. Your logged-in users can fully manage their personal journal entries, weight tracking, guest blog posts, RSVP status, and whatever else you need.
- WordPress front-end editing. Allow users to edit their form entries and posts from the front-end of your site. Create an online journaling platform, member directory, classified ads, community recipes, and more.
- Logged-in users can save and continue partial form submissions. Whether it’s a basic contact form or a long multi-paged form, users can save form progress and pick up right where they left off.
- Graphs and charts for data visualization. Display statistics from a survey, poll, quiz, questionnaire, and contact form. Or graph the data in a variety of ways that automatically update as new data is submitted (great for weight tracking over time).
- Permission settings. Limit visibility of specialized forms based on user role.
- Entry limits. Limit survey, quiz, registration form, or directory submissions to only allow one entry per user, IP, or cookie.
- Form scheduling. Open and close event registration and signup forms on a specific date. Or close registration forms when the seat limit or team size has been reached. Want a form for questions about a planned event that auto closes when the event starts? No problem.
- Conditionally redirect to a custom page after a custom search form, quiz, payment form, support ticket form, or other online form is submitted. Help clients get the answers they are looking for, or show a tailored result based on their form selections and calculated fields.
- We believe that forms should be extendable to meet your needs. So we give you access to customize the form HTML (like Contact Form 7), but still keep the ease and speed of a drag & drop form builder plugin. Our team labors for simplicity without sacrificing flexibility.
- Import and export forms, form submissions, styles, and views. Quickly move forms, entries, views and styles to another site. Need to export leads from a form to another service? Check.
- Form templates for instant form building. Get started quickly with the most advanced form creator that includes form templates, style templates, and Formidable View templates. Our WordPress form generator makes it FAST to build job application forms, and other online forms.
- Import our pre-built form/view templates as a shortcut to a final product. Our growing form template library includes payment forms, calculators, a WooCommerce product creator, and more.
- WCAG accessible forms with A11Y and ADA compliance. Don’t alienate your audience. Ensure your survey, quiz, calculator, lead capture form, and other online forms are compliant and available to anyone. Allow those using screenreaders to successfully use and submit your WordPress form.
- Invisible SPAM protection. Don’t waste time sorting through SPAM. Get instant and powerful anti-spam features from honeypot, invisible reCAPTCHA, Akismet, and the WordPress comment blacklist.
- Fill out forms automatically with values from the user profile or posts (i.e. custom fields). When a user is logged in, prefill known values like first name, last name, and email address.
- White label forms. Replace the Formidable branding with your own in the admin area. Plus, we never show “powered by” links in your free contact form or other online form.
- WordPress user registration forms. Register WordPress users, edit profiles, reset passwords, and add a login form. When using WordPress multisite forms, you can even allow logged in and logged out users to create new subdomains.
- Digital signature forms. Eliminate paper forms with a digital signature field in application forms and advanced forms.
- Form action automation. Schedule form email notifications, SMS messages, and webhooks to trigger at a later time. You can automatically delete guest posts after 30 days, send weekly digest emails, trigger happy birthday text messages from a lead form and much more.
- Formidable Forms API. Send form entries to other REST APIs and add a set of form webhooks. This includes the option to send form entries from one Formidable site to another.
- Quiz maker forms. Write your quiz form questions, submit an entry as the quiz key, and publish the quiz on a page. Then all the quiz grading is automatically done for you with our quiz plugin.
- World class support. Have questions or need guidance on how to use our contact form builder or set up your web application? We are happy to help. Our passion with Formidable is to help you defy the limits so you can take on bigger projects, earn more clients, and grow your business.
Payment Forms, Form APIs, and Marketing Integrations
In addition to all the features listed above, power up your forms with these integrations.
Automate your business by collecting instant payments and recurring payments from clients. Collect information, calculate a total, and send clients to PayPal from your payment forms and donation forms.
Keep users on your site while collecting payments from a credit card form. Select from one time and recurring charges in order forms and donation forms.
Process one-time payments in order forms and price calculators with Authorize.net AIM.
Add custom fields to a WooCommerce product order form and collect extra data when a product is added to the cart. Use form calculations for variable pricing, upload a file with the purchase, and send custom emails when a purchase is completed.
Add and update leads in a MailChimp email marketing list from a lead form, online order, email, or contact form.
Create leads automatically in Constant Contact with a newsletter signup form or registration form.
Collect leads in WordPress forms, add them to GetResponse, and trigger GetResponse marketing automations.
Subscribe users to an AWeber mailing list when a newsletter signup form is submitted.
Fill your email marketing lists from newsletter signup forms. Then send WordPress newsletters from your own site using MailPoet.
Add leads to your Highrise CRM account any time a WordPress form is submitted.
Create leads and any other Salesforce objects automatically.
Let your form pull double duty as a payment form, post creation form, registration form, and email form, and an ActiveCampaign integration.
Route lead data from your WordPress forms to HubSpot CRM.
Collect votes and poll responses via SMS text or send SMS notifications when entries are submitted. Get notified instantly when an important payment form or registration form is completed, and let your leads know you received their message.
Translate your WordPress forms into multiple languages using our integrated multilingual forms.
Get the form creator with Polylang bilingual or multilingual contact forms. Start by creating with the form builder, then translate it without duplication.
Connect with hundreds of different applications through Zapier. Insert a new row in a Google docs spreadsheet, post on Twitter, or upload a Dropbox file from a calculator form, and more. With Zapier, you have the option to trigger thousands of actions from a lead form, quote form, quiz, registration form, and other web forms.
Instantly add Bootstrap form styling to a survey form or contact form.
Open login forms, Formidable views, shortcodes, and other content in a Bootstrap modal popup.
After reading this feature list, you can probably imagine why Formidable is the most advanced WordPress form plugin on the market.
Give Formidable Forms a try.
Want to unlock the full power? Upgrade to our Premium forms to get all the features for smart forms and full web applications.
This form builder plugin is created by Steve and Steph Wells and the amazing Formidable Team.